Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Amateur Wrestling News Prep 40 - December 31, 2008
1. Blair Academy N.J.
2. St. Paris Graham Ohio
3. Central Dauphin Pa. - POWERade Champions
4. Northampton Pa.
5. Apple Valley Minn.
6. Central Mountain Pa.
7. Huxley Ballard Iowa
8. Wyoming Seminary Pa.
9. Don Bosco Iowa
10. St. Mark Del.
11. St. Edward Ohio
12. Massillon Perry Ohio
13. Park Hill Mo.
14. Blue Mountain Pa. - POWERade 3rd Place
15. Clovis Calif. - POWERade 4th Place
16. Reynolds Pa.
17. Cumberland Valley Pa.
18. Christiansburg Va.
19. Omaha Skutt Catholic Neb.
20. Brandon Fla.
21. Simley Minn.
22. Wausau West Wisc.
23. Roseburg Ore.
24. Montini Catholic Ill.
25. Iowa City West Iowa
26. Waverly-Shell Rock Iowa
27. Collins Hill Ga.
28 Blue Springs Mo.
29. Buchanan Calif.
30. Havre Mont.
31. Grand Island Neb.
32. Billings Skyview Mont.
33. Sturgis S. Dakota
34. Catoosa Okla.
35. Phillipsburg N.J.
36. High Point N.J.
37. Ponca City Okla.
38. Goddard Kans.
39. Poway Calif.
40. Lake Stevens Wash.
Scott Sakaguchi (145) won the first POWERade individual title by a Cougar since Gabe Flores, Troy Tirapelle, and Jason Williams in 2002. And he won in dominating fashion. Scott pinned four opponents in route to the finals before defeating New York State Champion Brian Sewalt of Waverly 13-6 in the finals, scoring 6 takedowns and not allowing an offensive point in all 5 matches.
Clinton McAlester capped an impressive run to the finals with a 2nd place finish at 125lbs, losing his finals match to nationally ranked Nathan Pennesi of Latrobe (PA) 7-2. Madison Gambrell came back for a strong 4th place finish after losing in Round 2 to match his seed for the tournament.
Both surprising and impressive performances came at 160 and 171 for the Cougars. Sophomore Blake Thompson wrestled his way to an 8th place finish at 160lbs. Ironically, it was Blake's first time placing at a 1st team varsity tournament and it comes at one of the best tournaments in the country! Freshman phenom Zach Nevills continued his ascent of the wrestling world, coming from an unseeded pigtail start to finish 7th at 171lbs, defeating 7 opponents along the way including the #6 and #2 seeds in the tournament!
Final Team Scores:
1. Central Dauphin - 206.5
2. Shady Side Academy - 172
3. Blue Mountain - 165
4. Clovis (CA) - 157.5
T5. Hempfield - 136
T5. Westmont Hilltop - 136
7. Bellefonte - 132.5
T8. Latrobe - 128.5
T8. Penn Trafford - 128.5
10. Benton - 125
Team photos and podium pictures on http://www.poweradewrestling.com/.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Unless you want to be sorely disappointed, get the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player NOW (Version 10.0.12.36) so you can watch Clovis Wrestling feeds throughout the year! Just click that link, uncheck the 'Free Google Toolbar' button, and hit 'Agree and install now'. Follow the instructions and you're there!
After Day 1, team scores are as follows:
1. Central Dauphin - 141 (#3 in the Nation)
2. Blue Mountain - 114 (#15 in the Nation)
3. Clovis (CA) - 107.5 (#29 in the Nation)
4. Bellefonte - 104.5
5. Hempfield - 100
6. Shady Side Academy - 92
7. Penn Trafford - 91.5
8. Latrobe - 91
T9. Bethel Park - 87
T9. Derry - 87
Latest Amateur Wrestling News Top 40 Prep Rankings:
1. Blair Academy N.J.
2. St. Paris Graham Ohio
3. Central Dauphin Pa.
4. St. Mark Del.
5. Northampton Pa.
6. Apple Valley Minn.
7. Central Mountain Pa.
8. Huxley Ballard Iowa
9. St. Edward Ohio
10. Wyoming Seminary Pa.
11. Massillon Perry Ohio
12. Cumberland Valley Pa.
13. Don Bosco Iowa
14. Park Hill Mo.
15. Blue Mountain Pa.
16. Christiansburg Va.
17. Iowa City West Iowa
18. Eastern Regional NJ
19. Brandon Fla.
20. Omaha Skutt Catholic Neb.
21. Simley Minn.
22. Wausau West Wisc.
23. Roseburg Oreg.
24. Montini Catholic Ill.
25. Waverly-Shell Rock Iowa
26. Collins Hill Ga.
27 Blue Springs Mo.
28. Buchanan Calif.
29. Clovis Calif.
30. Havre Mont.
31. Reynolds Pa.
32. Catoosa Okla.
33. Phillipsburg N.J.
34. High Point N.J.
35. Billings Skyview Mont.
36. Sturgis S. Dakota
37. Hastings Minn.
38. Ponca City Okla.
39. Goddard Kans.
40. Oak Park River Forest Ill.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
1. Greg Flournoy - Fauquier - VA (10)
2. Tyler White - Ripley - WV (11)
3. Stevan Knoblauch - Clovis West - CA (10)
4. Rob Heuler - Bethel Park (10)
5. Chace Small - Latrobe (10)
6. Jimmy Gulibon - Derry (9)
7. Corey Keener - Blue Mountain (9)
8. Shyheim Brown - Central Dauphin (9)
1. Nico Megaludis - Franklin Regional (10)
2. Zach Zimmer - Clovis West - CA (11)
3. Geoff Alexander - Shady Side Academy (10)
4. Madison Gambrell - Clovis - CA (12)
5. Ryan Hunsberger - Fauquier - VA (11)
6. Tanner Hough - Westmont Hilltop (10)
7. Ryan Bohince - Penn Trafford (11)
8. Alex Dunaway - McGuffey (11)
1. Shane Young - Penn Trafford (12)
2. Simon Rice - Central Dauphin (12)
3. Frank Goodwin - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (11)
4. Mitchell Port - Bellefonte (11)
5. Mike Rhone - Benton (11)
6. Kyle Bratke - Parkersburg - WV (11)
7. Chris Martinez - Clovis West - CA (11)
8. Peter Mosher - Harrison - GA (12)
1. Nathan Pennesi - Latrobe (12)
2. Jake Swink - Connellsville (12)
3. Clinton McAlester - Clovis - CA (11)
4. Jordan Toledo - Pleasant Valley (11)
5. Dave Makara - Burrell (10)
6. KJ Bell - Harrison - GA (12)
7. Josh Craig - Chapel Hill - NC (12)
8. Graceson Pastirik - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (12)
1. Cort Choate - Blue Mountain (12)
2. Nick Catalano - Canon McMillan (10)
3. Luke Parsons - Ripley - WV (11)
4. Frank Martellotti - Shady Side Academy (11)
5. Trevor Kushner - Westmont Hilltop (11)
6. Tyler Buckman - Central Dauphin (11)
7. Jordon Nolan - Parkersburg - WV (11)
8. Erik Galloway - State College (11)
1. Josh Kindig - Blue Mountain (11)
2. Corey Mock - Chapel Hill - NC (12)
3. Travis Shaffer - Derry (10)
4. Conner Miller - Fauquier - VA (11)
5. Zach Sheridan - Mt. Pleasant (12)
6. Brett Sewalt - Waverly - NY (12)
7. Benny Schaufele - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (11)
8. Chad Morrison - Parkersburg - WV (11)
1. Dane Johnson - Shady Side Academy (12)
2. Jack Bachman - Hempfield (12)
3. Kenny Stank - Central Dauphin (12)
4. Chris Smith - Chancellor - VA (12)
5. David Heis - Ripley - WV (11)
6. Ethan Saylor - Connellsville (11)
7. Eric Kemp - Derry (12)
8. Joey Walters - Latrobe (12)
1. Scott Sakaguchi - Clovis - CA (12)
2. Eric Hess - Benton (11)
3. Brian Sewalt - Waverly - NY (12)
4. Mike Ganley - Bethel Park (12)
5. Greg Lanctot - Council Rock North (11)
6. Aaron McKinney - West Allegheny (10)
7. Danny Orem - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (12)
8. Peter Ormsby - Chancellor - VA (11)
1. Marshall Peppelman - Central Dauphin (11)
2. Shane Alterio - Bellefonte (12)
3. Chris Moon - Fauquier - VA (11)
4. Craig Chelednik - Hempfield (12)
5. Logan Walker - Waverly - NY (12)
6. Devan Jones - Penn Trafford (12)
7. Andrew Farbarik - Franklin Regional (11)
8. TJ Keklak - Westmont Hilltop (12)
1. Daniel McGillivray - Fauquier - VA (12)
2. Matthew Cunningham - Shady Side Academy (11)
3. Corey Lear - Benton (12)
4. Nick Bonaccorsi - Bethel Park (10)
5. Kenny Courts - Central Dauphin (10)
6. Zach McCutcheon - Waverly - NY (12)
7. Bobby Bowman - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (11)
8. Tyler Leitza - Derry (11)
1. Jake Kemerer - Hempfield (12)
2. Ronnie Mullins - Ripley - WV (11)
3. Troy Reaghard - West Allegheny (11)
4. Matt Mullett - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (11)
5. Greg Stodgel - Chancellor - VA (12)
6. Nick Sofranko - Derry (11)
7. Christian Oberle - Bellefonte (12)
8. Clint Morrison - Cedar Cliff (11)
1. Roman Sandoval - Shady Side Academy (12)
2. Tony Dallago - Central Dauphin (12)
3. Tommy Burriel - Clovis - CA (11)
4. Zach Benzio - Connellsville (12)
5. Dallas Brown - Delone Catholic (12)
6. Chris Nocchi - Waverly - NY (12)
7. Jake Leninsky - West Allegheny (12)
8. Jamie Callender - Council Rock North (11)
1. Zac Bennett - Westmont Hilltop (12)
2. Colby McCutcheon - Ripley - WV (12)
3. Jeremiah Karpency - Albert Gallatin (12)
4. Brian Beattie - Burrell (10)
5. Tim Giel - Shady Side Academy (12)
6. Ryan Watson - Burgettstown (12)
7. Adam Lazenga - Bethel Park (11)
8. Nate Gaffney - Connellsville (11)
1. Sam Brownlee - Canon McMillan (12)
2. Karl Green - Mt. St. Joseph - MD (11)
3. Keith Graeff - Blue Mountain (12)
4. Zach Baker - Penn Trafford (11)
5. Ben Horwatt - Derry (11)
6. Marty Kisla - Chartiers-Houston (12)
7. Nick Ciesielski - Shady Side Academy (11)
8. Ryan Collins - Cedar Cliff (12)
-released at 6:00pm (EST) on the official POWERade Tournament website
Live Audio Broadcast
-the WJPA Webcast will start Monday night for Session II (during the Quarter Finals)
-make sure you have Windows Media Player to listen to the broadcast
- Monday night - 6:00pm EST - Quarterfinals
- Tuesday morning - 10:00am EST - Semifinals
- Tuesday evening - 5:00pm EST - Consolation Finals
- Tuesday evening - 7:30pm EST - Championship Finals
- watch right here all day Monday & Tuesday as we attempt to stream Clovis matches LIVE to the blog
Clovis POWERade Lineup
103 – Daniel Gaytan
112 – Madison Gambrell
119 – Bryan Lopez
125 – Clinton McAlester
130 – Jonathan Gay
135 – Sonny Cervantes
140 – Alec Dieter
145 – Scott Sakaguchi
152 – Ben Kelley
160 – Blake Thompson
171 – Zach Nevills
189 – Tommy Burriel
215 – Jesus Castaneda
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
State Ranked Clovis Wrestlers:
103 - Daniel Gaytan - Honorable Mention
112 - Madison Gambrell - #4
125 - Clinton McAlester - #4
130 - Jonathan Gay - Honorable Mention
135 - Alec Dieter - Honorable Mention
145 - Cameren Kelley - #3
152 - Scott Sakaguchi - #1
189 - Tommy Burriel - #4
Top 5 Teams
3. Calvary Chapel-Santa Ana
For a complete list of California State Rankings, click here.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
After taking home 5 tournament titles and placing over half the team in the finals, the Cougars came up 10 points short (258 pts) of overtaking champion Buchanan (268 pts) at the 7th Annual Zinkin Classic. It was an impressive two days of wrestling, highlighted by championships from Daniel Gaytan (103), Clinton McAlester (125), Cameren Kelley (145), Scott Sakaguchi (152), and Tommy Burriel (189). Also reaching the finals were Madison Gambrell (119), Ben Kelley (140), and Zach Nevills (171). The three other Cougar A Team place winners were Bryan Lopez (7th at 112), Sonny Cervantes (7th at 130) and Taylor Ferguson (8th at 215).
In addition, the Cougars had a B Team wrestle in the Zinkin Classic for the first time. Ryan Davies (8th at 160) and Jesus Castaneda (4th at 215) took home medals with many wrestlers falling only one match short: Juan Salas (125), Brady Bersano (130), Chase Bohny (140), Dakota Gordon (145), and Colby Thompson (152). The B Team finished a remarkable 12th amongst the 34 teams, proving Clovis wrestlers at any level can compete against other’s best.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
View Larger Map
So for all Clovis Wrestling fans, the POWERade Christmas Classic in Cannonsburg, Pennsylvania is a bit overwhelming cost-wise in today’s economy. But thanks to a little technology know-how and the graciousness of Frank Vulcano Jr. (POWERade Tournament Director), this Pennsylvania classic may be only a few mouse clicks away!
Clovis Wrestling is going to try and pull off the improbable feat of streaming ALL Clovis matches live over the Internet to our own personal site for the two-day tournament!
Tune in to either of two locations:
· Right here! – the feed will appear on the day of the tournament
· UStream (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/clovis-wrestling)
Every match. Every second. Every part of wrestling action from your Clovis wrestlers brought to you as it happens!
So get your comfortable chair, your portable refrigerator, and set your clocks for 8:30am Eastern Standard Time on Monday, December 29th and prepare to cheer on our boys against some of the nation’s best!
Team members included:
Scores round by round:
Clovis 83 - Hanford 0
Clovis 81 -Tulare Western 0
Clovis 62 - Golden West 9
Clovis 69 - Mt Whitney 9
Clovis 71 - El Diamante 6
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
POWERade trip money is due Wedensday, December 17th. Please have your trip money turned in to Cindy McAlester by that date! Contact Cindy at (559) 289-4351.
It's one time where a loss doesn't feel like a loss, as the Clovis team dominated 7 opponents over two days, including a decisive victory over one of the top teams in the state, the Selma Bears, in the tournament's final match.
Round by Round Results:
Clovis 65 - Turlock 5
Clovis 71 - Stockdale 10
Clovis 58 - Crater (Oregon) 12
Clovis 69 - Los Banos 4
Clovis 45 - Vacaville 22
Clovis 62 - Royal 6
Clovis 43 - Selma 28
The Cougars had some outstanding performances, including All-Tournament selections Alec Dieter (140), Cameren Kelley (152), and Tommy Burriel (189), along with several one-loss performances. Due to his own selflessness, Scott Sakaguchi sacrificed individual recognition in order to help the team, defeating several top-ranked opponents at 152lbs and 160lbs. His only loss came to nationally ranked Brock Gutches wrestling up at 160lbs, or he would have earned All-Tournament status as well. In addition, several underclassmen turned in marked performances at their first Shootout experience including Daniel Gaytan, Tyler White, Chase Bohny, Dakota Gordon, Zach Nevills, and Taylor Ferguson.
In all, an incredible weekend of wrestling showed that the Cougars are both once again a state power in 2009 AND a team that won't be going away anytime soon with young talent unmatched at the event.
Up next for the team is a big weekend of wrestling. The first and second Varsity teams travel over to 'Bear Country' to the Zinkin Classic Friday and Saturday at Buchanan High School. Another team will travel to the Central Varsity Tournament on Saturday and a fourth team will compete at the Bullard JV Tournament on Friday.
BUILDING CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE!!!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
- Clovis 51 - Golden West 25
- Clovis 66 - Terra Nova 9
- Clovis 81 - Roosevelt 0
- Clovis 45 - Madera South 26
- Clovis 49 - Buchanan 18
Up next is the toughest dual tournament in the state, the Clovis West Shootout!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Congratulations to the Clark Wrestling team! Clark's wrestling team started this year with a victory at the Eastside Invitational @ Clovis East. Congratulations to the three champions Xesus Velarde, Adrian Salas, & Nick Nevills. Thanks to Coach Martinez & Coach Flores for the great job you guys have done with the boys. Good luck next week at the Kastner Shootout!
3. El Capitan
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Just because school is out, practice is not. As is always the case, Clovis Wrestling will practice during Thanksgiving week on every day but Thanksgiving Day. Monday, Tuesday & Friday, practice will be at the standard time – 4:30-6:45pm. On Wednesday, we will practice from 9:00-11:00am in order to accommodate families traveling out of town for Thanksgiving Day. Plan to attend practice EVERYDAY during the Thanksgiving school break. All Fall athletes on the wrestling team that have completed their season by Sunday, November 23rd are expected to attend ALL practice days over the school break.
We will also do our first team runs of the year after practice on both Monday & Friday. Bring your running shoes and sweatshirt (if needed) to practice on running days!
In addition, the Clovis East JV Tournament will run all-day Friday at Clovis East High School. We will be sending available 9th and 10th graders to compete in this first official competition of the year.
On Friday, Clovis will host an Elementary Takedown Tournament with schools throughout Clovis Unified participating. Clovis High School wrestlers will work the tournament and provide support the future of our sport.
On Saturday, Clovis will host our inaugural High School/Junior High Takedown Tournament. All Clovis wrestlers are required to be at the boy’s locker room at Clovis High School promptly at 7:00am for the start of weigh-ins. We will both work the tournament, compete, and clean-up. Plan on all day Saturday. Wrestlers will ONLY be allowed to leave the tournament at the conclusion of tournament clean-up.
On Sunday, all team members are welcome to travel up to UC Davis to watch the Aggies take on the visiting Northwestern Wildcats. The match is scheduled for 6:00pm in the ARC Pavillion. Team members wishing to travel up for the match will meet at Coach Tirapelle’s house on Sunday at 2:00pm. We will travel up, watch the match, and return that night. This is an opportunity to see some of the best wrestlers in the United States as Northwestern boasts returning NCAA Champion Jake Herbert (184lbs) as well as highly ranked wrestlers #4 Brandon Precin (125lbs), and #10 Keith Sulzar (141lbs). Also wrestling for Northwestern in his true freshman year is former 3x California State Champion #16 Jason Welch (157lbs) of Las Lomas HS. This level of wrestling is not available very often on the West Coast, so take advantage of the opportunity!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
"Got 8" Tshirts - $10.00
Clovis Wrestling Stadium Chairs - $40.00
We are also gathering up the "old" sweatshirts & tshirts that Steve may have stashed in his garage and will be selling those Friday & Saturday at discounted pricing. Great for workouts!
Clovis wrestlers and parents have first priority on the "Got 8" clothing, we will start selling to the Jr High kids/parents in a couple weeks so get your gear early!! Please make check payable to Cougar Wrestling
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
If you have not been contacted yet about volunteering Friday & Saturday.. please contact Kerri Nevills @ 260-5092 ASAP!!!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 21st - Elementary Takedown Tournament
Saturday, November 22nd - Junior High/High School Takedown Tournament
Sunday, November 23rd - Northwestern University @ UC Davis, 6pm
Friday, November 7, 2008
First, long-time head coach Steve Tirapelle and son Adam Tirapelle travel to the land of Lincoln to be featured clinicians at the annual University of Illinois Coach’s Clinic in conjunction with the team’s wrestle-offs. This two-day clinic will feature coaches from throughout the state of Illinois, who will travel to Champaign to hear how the Tirapelles have built the Clovis Wrestling program and what keeps this public school program on top, year after year. The honor is unique in that it is one of the only times a high school coaching duo has presented at the clinic, a spot usually reserved for college wrestlers, college coaches, and private club coaches. Additionally, this will be Adam Tirapelle’s second time as at least one of the featured clinicians, performing the clinic as an NCAA Champion after graduating from the University of Illinois in 2001.
Secondly, in late December, the team will travel to the confines of the best wrestling state in the union for the 42nd Annual POWERade Christmas Classic in Cannonsburg, Pennsylvania. The tournament is rated the 4th best high school competition in the United States with some of the top teams from around the country participating. This will be only the 3rd time a Clovis High School team has wrestled in a nationally ranked Top 5 event. The others came when Clovis attended the POWERade Christmas Classic in 2002 and the Beast of the East Tournament in 2003. This year, the field is headlined by Central Dauphin (PA), the 2007 & 2008 large school division (AAA) Pennsylvania State Champions and early favorite in 2009, Shady Side Academy (PA), the 2008 small school division (AA) Pennsylvania State Champions and returners of 13 of 14 starters from last year’s championship team, and your Clovis High School (CA), the 2008 overall California State Champions and one of the preseason favorites to repeat in 2009. Central Dauphin is ranked #4 in the United States. Shady Side Academy is ranked #19 and Clovis rounds out the Top 40 at #23. The tournament is audio broadcast live on the Internet for the entire two-days, called by Pennsylvania wrestling experts and available to all. Details on the broadcast will be posted in December.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Cindy McAlester - 289-4351
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- 2 forms filled out/signed
The only other California school in the pre-season rankings is Selma at #35. Pennsylvania leads the nation with 7 teams ranked in the Top 40 nationally, including 5 in the Top 15 spots.
Amateur Wrestling News – Top 40 Prep Teams
1. Blair Academy (New Jersey)
2. St. Paris Graham (Ohio)
3. Northampton (Pennsylvania)
4. Central Dauphin (Pennsylvania) – POWERade Team!
5. Apple Valley (Minnesota)
6. St. Edward (Ohio)
7. Wyoming Seminary (Pennsylvania)
8. Catoosa (Oklahoma)
9. Huxley Ballard (Iowa)
10. Montini Catholic (Illinois)
11. Iowa City West (Iowa)
12. Central Mountain (Pennsylvania)
13. Massillon Perry (Ohio)
14. Bishop Lynch (Texas)
15. Cumberland Valley (Pennsylvania)
16. Eastern Regional (New Jersey)
17. Don Bosco (Iowa)
18. St. Mark (Delaware)
19. Shady Side Academy (Pennsylvania) – POWERade Team!
20. Brandon (Florida)
21. Simley (Minnesota)
22. Providence Catholic (Illinois)
23. Clovis (California)
24. Wausau West (Wisconsin)
25. Roseburg (Oregon)
26. Goddard (Kansas)
27. Reynolds (Pennsylvania)
28. High Point (New Jersey)
29. Oak Park (Missouri)
30. Colonial Forge (Virginia)
31. McDonogh (Maryland)
32. Holt (Missouri)
33. Flathead (Montana)
34. Waverly-Shell Rock (Iowa)
35. Selma (California)
36. Campbell County (Wyoming)
37. Christiansburg (Virginia)
38. Oak Park River Forest (Illinois)
39. S. Dade (Florida)
40. Havre (Montana)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
For a complete list of results, go to TMI.150M.com - Find the Halloween Open and Click on Varsity or Fr/Soph and you will see the completed brackets.
Nice way to start the season boys! Keep up the hard work!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
(1) Travel down on Friday night with your parents or another team member's parents, stay in a hotel (of your choice), and meet the team at the tournament at 8:00am on Saturday morning.
(2) Meet at Coach Tirapelle's house at 3:45am on Saturday morning and travel down with the coaches in vans.
The team is precluded from traveling down on Friday and staying overnight in a hotel, but parents may do so. With either option, we will be wrestling at the tournament on Saturday, meeting at Cerritos College at 8:00am, and traveling back late Saturday night at the conclusion of the event. Please start making arragements if you plan to travel down on Friday night. Otherwise, plan to be at Coach Tirapelle's house VERY EARLY (3:45am) on Saturday!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
We need all business card ads in by October 17th!! Adam has committed his team from Merrill Lynch, Shelli Sakaguchi has her ad in and mine is in as well.... Dave Jackson has committed two ads..
We want to get to print in next couple of weeks so we can get the posters out before the season starts!!!
Thank you!! ,,, any questions please call 289-4351
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
We will forward details.. but save the date for November 15th!!! We will be having a potluck with menu and sign ups to follow.
This is a great opportunity to come meet the 2009 Clovis High Wrestling Team & Coaching Staff!!
Parents this is one week before the Takedown tournament. Great time to meet your fellow parents... season is long, it's nice to get to know each other... we will be spending a lot of time together,,,,,,,,,,
Keep checking in for updates!!
9 in 09
Monday, September 29, 2008
Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.. have a short time frame.. Want to get it done ASAP!!!.....
Sunday, September 28, 2008
First, the POWERade Trip initial deposit of $300 is due on Tuesday, September 30th. In order to purchase the plane tickets early and thus keep the cost down for each wrestler, we have to have the deposit in. Plane tickets will be purchased on October 1st and anyone who has not turned in money, their spot will be opened up to another wrestler.
Second, if wrestlers/parents are interested in getting team wrestling shoes, we've secured a deal to purchase the Asics Cael V3.0 (White/Navy/Gold) as a team for $70 each. If you would like to purchase shoes, please know what size you are going to order and have the money turned in by Friday, October 10th.
Last, personalized singlets have been ordered for this year. Thanks to everyone for getting the money in on time!